Have Welcome to Personal Safety!
Today, we're going to go over the syllabus and the course structure and expectations. There's a lot of "stuff" for this class and I don't want you to get overwhelmed - these structures are in place to help you process the course content and skills. Here are some things you need to know:
1. There's a Google Classroom for this class. If you're absent today, see me for the code.
2. The syllabus lives here and on Google Classroom.
3. The weekly rubrics that you need also live here.
4. I'll post assignments on Google Classroom, here, and also on the whiteboard in class.
5. We use EdPuzzle. Don't worry, I'll set you up today.
6. I'm borrowing the idea of having a slide deck for daily lesson plans (thanks Ms. Mattie and Prof Frasier!). You can find all that goodness here. **Notes and slides will also be on that page!**
7. We're going to work together to figure out the best way for you to submit your weekly assignments. I have some ideas we'll discuss in class.
On that note, you have homework tonight to get you in the swing of things. 1) Watch the TED Talk on EdPuzzle. At the end, I ask you to summarize the video and pose a question. I'll use the questions to help guide discussion for class tomorrow. 2) Have your parent/guardian sign the permission form. 3) You'll also need to take a look at the Gender Unicorn.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Shoot me an email or stop by after school!